Yumbox's MiniSnack Bento box is fun, snack size 3-compartment bento box with a single leak-proof lid that allows you to pack fruit, nuts, crackers and wet foods (like yogurt, fruit puree - not drinks/water). New season colours now available. It's a great way to pack a healthy morning snack without the waste.
Why this reusable rocks:
Yumbox Mini is a leak-proof bento box with a kid-friendly latch on the lid. Pack wet foods like yogurt, fruit puree (not liquids like drinks/water/juice/watery dressings). Great for kids and adults alike
- The silicone lid engages the tray to keep contents in place and sealed
- The Yumbox Original is food safe, no lead, BPA, phthalates or PVC
- Fun design and colours, with soft rounded edges and smooth surfaces
- Removable illustrated tray holds 3/4 cup in the large section, 1/3 cup small plus a dip well
- Nevis Blue/Lila Purple/Sunburst Yellow/Stardust Pink/Cilantro Green/Jodhpur Blue/Lotus Pink/Kashmir Blue includes the Toucan Tray; Bijoux Purple includes the Kitty Kat Tray (as shown in the product images). Tray is removable for washing.
- Yumbox is dishwasher safe at a maximum temperature 65C/149F. Top rack only. We highly recommend hand washing the outer shell and/or removing it before the heat dry cycle.
- Includes 1 x exterior outer box, 1 x tray
Materials - Sturdy ABS (outer box), Tritan (tray) and Silicone (seal). BPA/PVC free.
Specs - approx. 15 x 10.5 x 5.1 cm. Capacity: large compartment 3/4 cup, small compartment 1/3 cup, plus dipwell. Weight approx 280g.
Care Instructions - Yumbox is dishwasher safe up to 65°C (top rack only). We highly recommend hand washing the outer shell to preserve the seal or if using a dishwasher, removing it before the heat dry cycle. Most dishwashers temperatures are a guide only and actual temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20°C and may affect the adhesive holding the seal in place. Yumbox is designed with rounded edges and smooth surfaces to make hand washing easy.
As with any product used to store food mould can occur if not cleaned thoroughly. To prevent the chance of mould growth we recommend storing the Yumbox open if unused for long periods and always allowing to air dry overnight when washed.
To treat mould on the silicone surface Yumbox advise cleaning with Milton solution (following the directions on the box) and then leaving the case in direct sunlight for as long as you can. Do not bleach or soak for long periods as the seal has an adhesive backing holding it in place and this may be affected.
Important: Yumbox is designed to hold wet foods but not liquids. More specifically do not pack yoghurt drinks, fruit juice, soups or runny/watery dressings. Do pack foods with the consistency of ranch dressing, ketchup, chunky salsas, hummus, yoghurt and veggie dips. These are all great options. Some oily vinaigrettes may leak out of the dip well. One trick that can help keep vinaigrettes in place is to dress the salad and top it with a few croutons. The croutons will absorb excess oil/liquid and keep the vinaigrette from seeping into a neighbouring compartment.